i need to finish up all my baking supplies. made this last yesterday. just want to share with all of you how we eat kuih kosui when we were kids. dengan sirap gula melaka. sirap ni belen-belen dah tinggal sikit. ngam-ngam untuk makan dengan kosui ni.
recipe from happyflour
100g palm sugar (gula melaka)
45g brown sugar
2pcs pandan leaves
100g rice flour
30g tapioca flour
dark soy sauce - added to get darker color purposes
1. Mix grated white coconut with salt and steam for 10mins.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. Boil water, palm sugar, brown sugar and pandan leaves together until sugar dissolved.
4. Strain syrup and leave it aside to cool.
5. Add water into the rice flour and mix well.
6. Add in tapioca flour and alkaline water and mix well.
7. Slowly add in the cooled syrup and mix well.
8. Strain the batter.
9. Pour batter into preheated moulds until 80% full.
10. Steam kuehs in a preheated steamer for 35mins.
11. Leave it aside to cool.
12. Remove kueh from mould and coat it with grated coconut.
* dah habiskan stok tepung ubi dan gula melaka