Friday, February 18, 2011
homemade oreo vanilla ice cream
recipe from norlinda zakaria
500ml whipping cream
375ml condensed milk
3 egg yolk
4tsp vanilla essence
2 pcs oreo - cream removed and finely crushed
enough oreo biscuit - coarsely crushed
1. In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale. Stir in the condensed milk and vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
3. Take 2 pcs of oreo (cream removed) and finely crushed using a blender. Gently fold in the ice-cream mixture.
4. Pour into the container and freeze about 1 hour.
5. Remove from freezer then fold in the remaining coarsely crushed oreo. Continue freezing another 5 hours or until firm.