Thursday, July 29, 2010
moist mocha cake
recipe from cookingwithmarinamustafa
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
Ingredients to sieve together:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Ingredients to dilute & mix together:
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tbsp instant coffee
3/4 cup boiling water
1. Cream the butter & sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Put in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Fold in the flour, alternately with the cocoa & coffee mixture. Beginning and ending with flour.
4. Pour into a 12" greased cake tin. Put in a pre-heated 180º C oven for about 1 hour 25 minutes.
5. Allow to cook on a wire rack.
6. When cool, spread the icing over the cake. Decorate as desired
Mocha Fudge Icing:
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
Method for Icing
1. Melt the butter, milk, coffee powder and cocoa powder in a pan.
2. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
3. Add the icing sugar, beat till smooth and shiny.
4. Spread over cake.